Rachel Schulman, Of Counsel to Bronson Lipsky LLP, is a Kent Scholar graduate of Columbia Law School, Class of 2000. She formerly practiced as a litigation associate at Kirkland & Ellis in New York City and at the Hoyle Law Firm in Philadelphia. Rachel clerked for the Honorable John Gleeson on United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, as well as the Honorable Morton I. Greenberg on the United States Court of Appeal for the Third Circuit. Rachel also taught as an Adjunct Professor of Legal Research and Writing at Temple University Beasley School of Law.
Rachel has extensive experience representing entities and individuals in commercial, labor and employment, partnership, civil rights, class action, and international disputes. She has worked on successful multimillion dollar trials in federal and state court, and in arbitration. Many of the matters she has worked on have resulted in favorable individual and class-wide settlements. Rachel has also briefed state and federal appeals and presented successful oral argument. Rachel also performs as a clarinetist with the Ridgewood Concert Band, a New Jersey Wind Symphony (www.ridgewoodband.org). In addition, she enjoys playing tennis and participating in triathlons.
Columbia University, JD, 2000
– James Kent Scholar
– Managing Editor and published author on the Columbia Journal of Law and Social Problems
Duke University, BA, magna cum laude, 1997
– Awarded the A.J. Fletcher Music Scholarship (25% tuition; awarded to one student per class)
– Double major: Psychology, Music (Graduation with Distinction)
– Awarded the Julia Wilkinson Mueller Graduation Prize in Music
– Super Lawyers New York Metro Rising Stars (2014, 2015)
– Top Women Attorneys in New York (2014, 2015)
– Attorney At Law Magazine, Long Island Edition (Selected for cover story, February 2015)
– Top Attorneys – New York Metro Area’s Outstanding Young Lawyers (2015)
– Top Women in Law (2016), selected by the Honorable A. Gail Prudenti and the Hofstra University School of Law
New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania